Thursday, September 17, 2009

D#4, HW#7 - Reflect: what is the writer's place in the rhetorical situation? (p.46)

My interest in this topic was sparked by the little comments my friends had (have) of my decision to attend a community college before transferring to ASU. I know that I have made the correct decision based on the amount and quality of academic work I have taken these past two semesters. I feel that I can answer my research question with my own personal experience as well as with information from other resources. I value this issue because I don’t want to be seen as a person taking the “easy way” to my degree. My perspective is simple – MCC provides me just a much quality of academics as I would get from ASU at this point. I think my values and perspectives will help me justify the silliness in having any stigmas toward attending a community college. My specific issue is with my friends with who I attended high school. They think that community colleges are for “losers”.

No comments:

Post a Comment